Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
Get the most out of your grill space by adding a little char to every element of this quick, fresh corn salad. Add all the vegetables at once; remove each as it finishes cooking. Got a summer vegetable bounty? Add grilled summer squash or more multicolored peppers to the salad. Stick to a Mexican theme, or go Greek by swapping red wine vinegar for the cider vinegar and crumbled feta for the Cotija cheese.
- Cooking spray
- 2 large ears fresh yellow corn, husks removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 ounce Cotija cheese, crumbled (about 3 Tbsp.)
- Calories 144
- Fat 9.2g
- Satfat 2.1g
- Monofat 5.5g
- Polyfat 1.1g
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 213mg
- Calcium 86mg
- Sugars 6g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
Coat grill grate and corn, bell peppers, and shallot with cooking spray. Add vegetables to grill. Cook corn 14 minutes, turning after 7 minutes. Cook bell peppers 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Cook shallot 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Remove vegetables from grill; cool 5 minutes.
Cut corn kernels from ears and place in a bowl. Cut bell peppers into 3/4-inch pieces; add to corn. Chop shallot; add to corn mixture. Add parsley, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to corn mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.